...

.

.

.
. .
. . .
. . . .
. . . . .
. . . . . .
. . . . .
. . . .
. . .
. .
.

miércoles, abril 16, 2008

MEMOIRS OF A BEDOUIN


Memoirs of a Bedouin, originalmente cargada por -ViDa-.

The Bedouins were divided into related tribes. These tribes were organized on several levels - a widely quoted Bedouin saying is "I against my brothers, I and my brothers against my cousins, I and my brothers and my cousins against the world." The saying signifies a hierarchy of loyalties based on closeness of kinship that runs from the nuclear family through the lineage, the tribe, and even, in principle at least, to an entire ethnic or linguistic group (which is perceived to have a kinship basis). Disputes are settled, interests are pursued, and justice and order are maintained by means of this organizational framework, according to an ethic of self-help and collective responsibility *(Andersen 14). The individual family unit (known as a tent or bayt) typically consisted of three or four adults (a married couple plus siblings or parents) and any number of children, and would focus on semi-nomadic pastoralism, migrating throughout the year following water and plant resources. More powerful tribes traditionally herded camels, while others herded sheep or goats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedouin


Share/Save/Bookmark

No hay comentarios: